Monday, September 12, 2016

37/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"
 
 
  
Cruz: A sweet moment with Cruz after Mila (and Daddy) fell asleep in her room Friday night.  More often than not, I'm so tired by the end of the night and eager to get the kids in bed so I can decompress on my own.  But when he asked for some milk before bed Friday night, I not only said yes, but asked if he wanted chocolate instead.  I let him squeeze the Hershey's syrup in himself and we sat in the quiet kitchen together, talking about kindergarten, The Little Prince, and growing up.  Love this boy of mine and his soft, sweet heart.

Mila: We made some little loaves of pumpkin bread yesterday while the Bears played on TV, and Mila was my helper.  She cracked (more like, smashed) the eggs for me, poured in all the dry ingredients, and stirred for a minute or two before whipping her apron off and declaring she was done.  Before too long, she transformed into her Elsa attire and proclaimed she was taking Giraffe Baby on a road trip to see Grandma.  Little did she know, Grandma paid her a visit in the real yesterday, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...