Thursday, February 13, 2020

Good Things, Winter 2020

A few pictures from our winter, followed by a lot more good things from my journal...


































876. A rhythm of one load of laundry a day, washed, dried, and put away before I leave for work

877. Mila's long drawn out goodbyes in the school pick up line, and the smile I always have as I pull away

878. When I picked up Cruz from school the other day and asked how his day was and he replied, "Amazing!  I found out my coat has another layer!"  It's all about the little things! 

879. Beau Googling "Questions to ask your kids" and randomly hearing him engage in conversation with them.  The other night he asked Mila, "How does it feel when I give you a hug?"  Her reply: "Like everything is happy and everything is going to be okay."

880. A completely organized pantry, followed by a gigantic Sam's Club run to stock fresh spaces with essentials.

881. Brunch after church with friends - Verve pancakes and kombucha mimosas with the Shaws, breakfast burritos at Cottonwood Canyon with the Gabels.

882. Starting the morning with pancakes, a little chocolate syrup because we were out of maple, and Lizzo real loud before school.  

883. A pretty green dress I haven't worn in two years, all thanks to my 365-wardrobe challenge.  Sweet friends who respond with emphatic "Keep!" 

884. Cooking with Cruz after piano.  Watching him dry dishes and sing Post Malone to his heart's content  

885. Good movies lately - Troop Zero, A Marriage Story, the new Taylor Swift documentary

886. Cruz up early shoveling snow off the deck because he's "broke" and needs to earn some money.  His sweet little grin and reassuring wave every time he'd catch me checking on him.

887. Mila sticking all the stickers on her face in the doctor's office.  As we rode the elevator full of people, I shared that she had a bad case of "sticker-itis."  I scored a few laughs.

888. Meeting Kate in Toledo, Iowa for Mexican.  

889. Cruz finding a picture from a past Chat Book of us sitting at the bar watching a football game and saying, "I want to do THIS for the Super Bowl!"

890. A brisk 3.5 mile walk with Angie on a Sunday afternoon.  The fresh air felt so good!

891. Juana's cute post-it note she left for the kids one morning, "Cruz and Mila, thank you for making your beds!"

892. Mila's prayer for her friend, Elsie, before bed.  Afterwards, I asked her what was wrong with Elsie and with big eyes she said, "She has a really big ear CONfection!

893. Becky, the kindest stranger in the parking lot of Target who found my missing wallet, Googled my name, and called UNI to track me down.  

894. Creating with my hands - from wet on wet watercolor technique to a big bunch of green parsley in a pot of homemade chicken broth

895. Mila had a bad dream the other night and wanted to sleep with us.  She cried when she tried to fall back asleep because she kept remembering the dream.  Beau said, "just snuggle in close and every time you dream, put me in it.  I will keep you safe."  

896. All the enneagram knowledge and conversation and a sweet letter in my inbox from Beau

897. Heart shaped cookies baked, heart shaped cookies shared.

898. Midweek trips to the library and Mila's newfound love of all things Elephant and Piggie

899. Ina Garten's short ribs and bleu cheese grits

890. The snow that stuck to trees and fell like glitter on this chilly but beautiful Monday morning   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...