Monday, May 18, 2020

The Quarantine Chronicles || Day 15 - Ashley (and a Video)


"No matter how hard things get, there's always good in the world."

-John Krasinski, SGN

Two months.  Two months of our lives we just never expected.  But as John Krasinski reminded me once again as I watched his last segment of Some Good News tonight, tears streaming down my cheeks, there is always always so much good.  Won't it be strange to look back on this?  I think about that all the time.  What will we say about it?  What will we remember?  What will they remember?  2020.  The year where the whole world shut down but came together at the same time.  The year we rallied behind nurses, grocery store workers, mail carriers, and so many small business owners.  The year we learned at home, played games and ate dinner around the table and did our best to just keep everyone safe.  The year everything was cancelled - graduation and baseball and concerts and the Olympics - yet things like resiliency and hope and creativity showed up like never before.  The year church buildings stood empty but God's vision for the church came together to love in the simplest but most profound ways.  Every day has been a roller coaster of emotions, but one thing has stood out - the deepest sense of gratitude for home and our safety.  And while we've learned what it means to socially distance and live more apart than ever before, it also feels like we're collectively together in ways I could never put into words.  And in their own ways, I hope they remember it like that, too.  That year we slowed down our lives enough to simply be together.













































A little video of all our homeschool "quarantine" adventures.  I've never had so much fun being a teacher.



1 comment:

  1. Gosh I love these pictures & that video made me so happy!! I think I need a video in my life everyday!! Miss hanging out with you guys so much!! Love you all to pieces!! You have had the best adventures & made such good memories thru all this!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...