Monday, April 13, 2020

Our Jamaica Spring Break || Day 2


When I look back at pictures of our Spring Break adventures, it feels like an eternity has passed since then.  It's really quite overwhelming to think about all that we've lived through in a month's time.  Today was the day the kids were supposed to go back to school after the very first social distancing rules went into place while we were in Jamaica.  But instead, they're home for at least another three weeks,  starting a new "continuous distance learning model" where every week we get tables of the new learning targets students would be learning at school.  We're starting the week a little overwhelmed with it all.  I have lost my patience over the smallest of things this morning - the kids not knowing how to fold socks properly, Mila struggling to drag and drop number boxes on her math app. without accidentally exiting out of the whole program, and Cruz's math apparently not requiring any sort of simple multiplication memorization.  After about the 75th mom-request in an hour, I made some lunch and freed the kids to go find something else to do.  And then I sat and looked at Spring Break pictures and tried to feel that hot sun on my face.  Had we known where our world would go following our return home, I don't think we would have went on vacation.  But I am so glad we did!  Beau and I have said often that it was such a good start for our family to enter this "Great Pause" well.  The kids grew closer for sure, we got to rest and relax and feel that warmth on our faces, and spent days with our bums on the beach or in that lazy river before hunkering down at home.  It was an oasis for sure and I know we will always look back on that week fondly as it will always be the start of such a profound chapter in our story and the world's story.  

I can just feel that morning breeze in my hair and hear the sounds of those tree leaves rustling above us.       





And feel the grass on my bare feet as I sipped my Jamaicaan coffee and watched the kids throw the football around with Beau. 


I loved that our mornings always started with breakfast at the buffet under that big thatched roof, a walk on the beach, and then a slow start at the pool before the adjacent water park opened at 10:30.  And also loved how quiet it was!   




We spent the majority of our days at the water park.  We loved it - the lack of rules compared to what the kids were used to from the Falls, the fact that you could sit in the lazy river and have a drink at the same time, and the poolside grill with the best jerk chicken sandwiches and french fries.  I loved making a lap around the lazy river and spotting Cruz and Mila sitting at their own little table eating a snack or ordering a drink.  They became accustomed to resort life in a matter of no time!




After a day in the sun, we'd get all fancy and head to the beach for sunset and a nice dinner.  These are some of my favorite pictures of Mila - beach pictures are hard to beat.  























And by after dinner, we were usually pretty well spent!  I could get used to our resort life routine and loved these nights we'd all find our way in the big bed together to sleep.  I am pretty content quarantined with the three of them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...