Friday, April 10, 2020

The Quarantine Chronicles || Chapter 11 - Cruz


On Tuesday, it was 75 degrees outside so we decided to go for a HIKE🌳!  We got our picnic basket and got in the car.  Once we got there I ate my Reeses first.  Then I had my string cheese because I didn't want those to melt.  After we were done and my hands were covered in Cheetos we washed them off with wet wipes.  Then we went hiking.  We put down a blanket by the river and laid all our stuff there and then started walking around.  Because I turn into Nature Boy whenever I'm in the woods, I started exploring off the path.  There was a river along the trail and I wanted to get closer.  And closer.  And closer until...

AAAAHHHHH!!!

There I was sliding down a slippery mud hill.  Whenever I tried getting up I fell further down and closer to falling in the river.  Eventually mom found a stick to pull me up to safety.  Once I was pulled up I noticed my whole hand was filled with dirt so I went down to a sort of flat surface and tried washing off my hands in the river.  I got closer.  And closer.  And closer until...

AAAAHHHHH!!!

I bent down and started slipping and then before I could even finish washing off my hands I fell knee deep in the water! So then we went home because I was soaking and Mila was bruised from top to bottom. So then we sat there reading our books on the trampoline and  talking about Jesus!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Cruz I love your stories SO much!! I'm not sure but I think this one might be my favorite!! You are a good writer & a sweet special boy!! I'm thinking about Jesus today too & all He did for us. Love you so & missing you like crazy!! Grandma Kelly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...