Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend = Awesome

What a great weekend! I think it is essential that I start doing my school plans on Saturday; it makes for a much more relaxing Sunday...

We didn't do a whole lot this weekend which is a beautiful thing in itself. Friday night was a family night. We made tacos and 'vegged' on the couch all night. We had some vino, caught up on our week's DVR bank, and played 'Frogger' on the XBox (yes, it's the frogger you are thinking of). We ended the night sleeping in a pile (Where the Wild Things Are), flannel sheets on the bed and all...

Saturday, I slept in (until 7:00), then went and worked at school. Beau went to help his dad at the shop, so I had an excuse to stay at school and get some work done. Christmas music and pumpkin spice coffee helped made the morning almost pleasant.

Saturday afternoon I BAKED! Turtle corn, cornbread, chicken tortilla soup, and chocolate cherry cake created wonderful smells and a pile of not-so-wonderful dishes. Cooking and baking is my 'zen,' and I realized how much I missed it from my life.
On Sunday, I realized it was important to find someone to help EAT all the food (not to mention Beau decided to break out the smoker and make some ribs). The fam came over mid-afternoon and we continued to 'veg' with football, ribs, soup, and sweets.

...and Christmas music...
...and apple cider...

Awesome Apple Cider:
2 quarts apple cider
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. allspice (whole)
pinch ground nutmeg
3 cinnamon sticks
orange peel
pinch salt
Simmer in a crockpot on low until warm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...