If you're new to my site, learn more about our story here. And in addition, here are 10 super random facts about me and the two boys in my life...
Meet Ashley, aka, 'Mom to Cruz, Wife to Beau, and Teacher to a crazy bunch of sixteen year olds...
1. I am an English teacher and a lover of stories. My all-time favorite books are Catcher in the Rye, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Fault Is In Our Stars. I'm convinced there will never be a character as cool as Atticus Finch...
2. My favorite flower is a toss up between the tulip and a big, fluffy, pink peony. I wish for vases full of them all year round.
3. Hello, my name is Ashley and I am a to-do list addict. My system is really quite impressive and involves long division.
4. I wish I lived close to an Anthropologie. Jealous of you, Amanda ;)
5. I love cooking, especially recipes that involve wooden cutting boards full of chopped veggies, herbs, and fresh cheese. I could eat caprese salad and fresh pizza every day of my life.
6. I can't keep my lips off my son's cheeks. I kiss them all the time, to the point where I think he gets slightly annoyed.
7. Mumford and Sons is my current playlist of choice on Pandora.
8. I want to visit New York City and have a picnic in Central Park really really bad.
9. I still think my husband is wicked hot in a backwards baseball cap.
10. This summer, we're starting a garden. I can't wait to have a supply of pico de gallo in our backyard :)
One of my favorite pictures --- Beau and I the morning after our wedding, dress, bouquet and all!
Chicago @ Millennium Park - such a fun vacation...
That moment you hold your baby for first time...
Meet Beau, aka, 'Husband, Daddy, Big Green Egg Extraordinaire, and Helplessly Loyal (aren't they all) Cubs fan...
1. Beau is a devoted Cubs fan, and a forever Ron Santo fan.
2. He's a third generation insurance agent, for a company called Farm Bureau.
3. He's one of the wittiest people I know, to the point where I sometimes get tired trying to keep up with him!
4. He loves to read, and maybe has the most versatile nook list on the planet. When he's not reading Bill Clinton's autobiography, he's engaging in the entire series of Game of Thrones, The Hunger Games, or the history of the ESPN network. He's also the fastest reader I know, to the point where I quiz him to see if he's getting anything out of it. I love that he reads and find it a little sexy :)
5. Beau played the role of Sonny in a production of Grease, in high school (singing part and all). I know there has to be a taped production of this somewhere and would love to see it someday :)
6. I became the best wife in the world the day I decided to purchase a Big Green Egg for my husband. Beau's ideal day includes a six-pack of some kind of brewed beer, the Cubs on 1650, and a couple of pork butts on the egg. He's a lover of barbecue, bacon, and of course, his award-winning chili.
7. Beau is an amazing dad and Cruz is his biggest fan, to the point where I sometimes find myself praying for a daughter so I at least have someone to take shopping someday.
8. Beau spent six months in Australia during college. He camped in the Australian Outback, snorkeled in the Great Barrier Reef, and rode a camel at sunset.
9. Beau would be happy in cargo shorts and a gray hoodie every day of his life.
10. He's got a heart of gold and would do anything for the people he loves.
Meet Cruz, aka, 'Elmo lovin', blond bruisin', tooth cuttin' 18 month old...
1. Cruz is a music man. He's loved music since the womb. He sings, dances, and falls asleep every night to The Wheels on the Bus.
2. Cruz is a big fan of cheese. This noon, without even realizing it, Cruz had a three-course cheese meal -- cottage cheese, string cheese, and a slice of cheddar!
3. Cruz's favorite book is 'The Little Dump Truck.'
4. Cruz was almost a 10-10-10 baby. And while he kept this mama pregnant for 41 weeks, he decided to make labor and delivery pretty easy on me!
5. Cruz inherited his blond hair and curious personality from his daddy; his brown eyes and smile from his mommy.
6. Cruz is a big fan of Sesame Street. As soon as Big Bird's head pops up on our DVR, Cruz turns into an Italian, shouting, 'Mim-o, Mim-o!!'
7. Cruz loves a good mess. He once dumped an entire container of Quaker Oats on the kitchen floor.
8. Cruz is scared of motorcycles. Let's hope this continues as he ages.
9. Bath-time is Cruz's favorite time.
10. He's got a giggle that can cure even the worst of moods.