Wednesday, December 27, 2017

52/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2017."




Cruz: You are typically the first one up in the morning, but on Christmas morning I made my tea and tiptoed around the house, (im)patiently waiting for you to come out of your room.  You finally peeked around the corner around 7, and relief filled your face when you discovered it was me instead of Santa.  "I've been awake in my bed forever, because I didn't want to catch him!" you said, eyes wide with wonder.  Then we played UNO by the fire and waited for Daddy and Mila to join us.

Mila: You loved all your gifts this year, but were most excited about your little kitty purse.  You put it on your shoulder and immediately asked if you could put a dress on.  You also let me curl your hair a few times this weekend and you looked so grown up.  Just a couple weeks 'til four!

Another 52 weeks in the books!  When I look back at the first two portraits of 2017, I'm reminded why I put the hours into this blog.  It's so neat to see evidence of their growth and changes, and to be reminded of the little moments and memories through the captions each week.  It was this week last year that Mila finally decided to be potty trained, and the week Cruz and I curled up on the couch and cried through Pete's Dragon!  This year, my goal is to put together weekly portrait books for them to have as keepsakes.  We'll see if I get that accomplished or not. ;)

The first portraits of 2017... 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...