Monday, May 20, 2019

Mother's Day Weekend


My Mother's Day weekend was chock full of so many of my favorite things.  It wasn't the nicest weather weekend which was a bit of a bummer, but we made do by starting with a little Saturday morning breakfast picnic by the fire.  I whipped up Joanna Gaines' blueberry breakfast cake, set up a little spread outside, and we snuggled up with blankets.  I could have just stayed there all day long and would have been perfectly content!










We moved away from the fire just long enough to keep warm in one of my favorite springtime places - the greenhouse!  We picked up the rest of our flowers, then explored deep inside the jungle plants together.







Sunday started with a sweet pancake breakfast prepared by my crew.  I'm pretty sure the plan was to bring me breakfast in bed, but Mila decided to sleep in and if I didn't get up and get myself ready we weren't going to make it to church!  They each presented me with the sweetest of cards and fill-in-the-blank letters and a hand-painted oven mitt Mila was super excited to give me.  Then we went to church and SingleSpeed for lunch.  But not before a few Mother's Day photos. :)




















It warmed up enough to get the garden planted and we all jumped on the trampoline together.  Then we met the big family for dinner at Peppers and got to celebrate Mother's Day with Mom, Grandma, siblings and cousins.  It was a sweet Sunday well spent!  




























No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...