Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Our North Pole Party Tradition


Our last day of Thanksgiving break was a special one, for it was the first day of December and the official kickoff to Christmas month.  And for years now, the first of December means one very important thing for our family - the arrival of Boone, our festive Elf friend who shows up at our table with all the fixings for a North Pole breakfast party!




Because Beau and I were itching to finish the second half of the Irishman on Netflix, I set a personal record for having this table prepped in twenty minutes.  It included a wrapping paper table runner, a Christmas tree I snagged from a living room shelf, these buffalo checked chargers I found at Hobby Lobby, and a banner I pinned to the wall.  This year, I served "snow covered" donuts, cinnamon rolls, and "Santa hat" strawberries we topped with whipped cream.  And who can forget the chocolate milk topped with marshmallows to wash it all down?!





And then there's one of my favorite traditions of a new special ornament and gift to celebrate the season.  I fell in love with these handmade ornaments from Kelsie's new store and they just looked way too cute to wrap up inside a box.  And instead of a Christmas movie this year, I turned a couple of past Christmas pictures into puzzles from a favorite online shop, Pinhole Press.  I always love to do a few Christmas scene puzzles in December and it seemed extra special to have our own Christmas scenes as keepsakes.  








Both Cruz and Mila were excited to see Boone at the table and it's been the very first thing they've looked for every morning since.  And while Boone might not always visit this home of ours in December, I secretly hope our North Pole breakfasts become a thing our kids look forward to for years to come.  Because who ever grows too old for a snow-covered donut?! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...