Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pirate Party Take Two...

Decorations...

These Starbucks' frappuccino bottles have been used over and over again and are perfect for parties.  I wrapped and taped some twine around them, stuck in some paper straws, and filled them up with Cruz's most favorite drink treat - chocolate milk. 



For the banner, I was first going to go the easy way out and purchase pre-cut canvas pennants from Hobby Lobby (they sell in packs of six for $2.99.  Then, when they were one pack short, the manager asked why I didn't just buy a quarter yard of canvas fabric and cut my own.  I ended up taking her advice and purchased enough canvas for double the pennants at the price of one pack of six.  I ironed the pennants when I was finished cutting, used black arcyrillic paint and stencils for the letters, and used tacky glue to adhere the pennants to the ribbon. 


The pirate mast consisted of a piece of wood from our garage, two four-foot dowels from Hobby Lobby, and two pieces of fabric draped across.  Beau drilled two holes for me and stuck the dowels through the openings.  It became a great anchor for my banner and added so much to the table!




You can't go wrong with mason jars and a little twine! 

These cupcake printables were a free find on Pinterest and I loved how they turned out.  My mom helped do the cutting and assembling, and found that the longer sized toothpicks worked the best for the sails. :) 


I searched Etsy forever looking for just the right soda pop and water label to match my theme.  I finally came across Sassaby and couldn't resist!  I love that you purchase the template and can keep the file to use whenever you want.  I made some root beer labels and water labels, and hope to reuse them again sometime.


Cute, festive paper from Hobby Lobby, cut and wrapped into popcorn cones for the table.






S'mores...

I've wanted to have one of these s'more tables since this summer, but always went for the good ol' traditional one around the fire Big Green Egg for the summertime staple.  I had plans to end the night around a bonfire with big quilts, mugs of cider, and ample choices for a unique twist on a classic fireside treat.  Turns out, we were all a little full from birthday cake, but I forced my late night party animals to try at least one.  I must say - my Nutella, strawberry, and brownie marshmallow s'more ranked right up there with its classic counterpart!






Pirate booty bags...

Little canvas bags stamped with a pirate logo and filled with gold doubloons and gold candies.  


And more pictures... 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...