It was a good weekend. Our last slow one at home before the holidays and all its yuletide. Beau and I scored a date night on Friday and enjoyed a yummy dinner at Red Lobster and Catching Fire on the big screen. Saturday started with pumpkin pancakes and ended with popcorn and our first fire of the season. We stayed in our pjs all day and Beau helped me waddle around the house and decorate for Christmas. Sunday, we watched the Bears and munched on football food all afternoon. It was so so cold outside and a perfect weekend to hibernate and ready our house for the holidays.
56. Hot cocoa and Catching Fire curled up on the couch after Cruz went to bed. There's nothing better than getting lost in a good book.
57. I am so thankful I attend a church with a band that sounds like Mumford and Sons. The worship band's version of Rend Collective's, "Build Your Kingdom Here" was so good and I had to hold myself back from dancing in the aisles. Someday, maybe I will...:)
58. A spontaneous date night with Beau. Cheesy biscuits and coconut shrimp at Red Lobster, and opening night of Catching Fire on the big screen. We laugh that we never make it to movies before they leave the big theaters - that we're always two of eight people in a room with a screen slightly bigger than our TV at home. Friday night, however, we were in a sold out room, on opening night of one fantastic flick. Now it's onto Mockingjay before this baby girl arrives...
59. Listening to Cruz tell us the story of the three little pigs. The hilarious way we puts his hand over his mouth to muffle his voice when he says, "and I'll huff, and puff, and blows yous house down," and his high little pitch when he says, "not by the hair on my chin chin chin."
60. The crackle of a wet log on the fire. Our first fire of the season...
61. Pot roast in the dutch oven. Carrots, yukons, and the smell of rosemary lingering in our house all day long...
62. Saturday morning breakfast with my boys. Striped pajamas stirring pumpkin pancakes, hot tea in favorite mugs, and plans to stay in our pjs all day long.
63. A little boy sprawled out in an inch of snow on our deck before school, declaring he wanted to make a snow angel.
64. A lazy Sunday of football and three crock pots to accompany. We had peanut butter smoked chicken wings, spinach artichoke dip, and cocktail meatballs, per Cruz's request. Cruz randomly requested meatballs on Saturday and did not let me down. Ten toothpicked meatballs later, we cut him off!
65. The first fire
of the season and a little boy just old enough to understand just cool it is to stay home on a Saturday night with a bowl of popcorn and
66. Cruz and his 'car wash' in the tub. Give the boy a wash cloth and toothbrush and you've just scored yourself 30 minutes of productivity!