Thursday, November 28, 2013

Images of Gratitude - Day 4

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.  Wishing you a delicious meal (I think my favorite is the stuffing), great conversation with the ones you love, and lots of blessings as we kick off another holiday season.  We're traveling to my grandparents for dinner at noon, then on to Gabe and Gina's tonight.  I'm convinced this holiday is best when pregnant. :)  No guilty feelings over here!

The last of my gratitude posts...

16.  Music (especially the kind that makes you move)

We've been living a sort of musical renaissance over here lately, from the three concerts we attended this summer, frequent dance parties in our living room with Cruz, and the constant strum of Beau's guitar as he learns more all the time.  The familiar sounds that fill our house - the Avett Brothers, Lumineers, Alabama Shakes, and of course, Mumford, have become a soundtrack for this chapter of our life and they do wonders for our souls.    


17.  Traveling to new and familiar places

While there's truly no place like home, I do love traveling to new places and escaping from time to time.  We've been so blessed to spend some time in some pretty amazing places - from the beaches and swim-up bars in Mexico, the crystal clear lake and mountains in Tahoe, the culture and amazing food in New Orleans, the relaxing cabin life in the Smoky Mountains...and the many rich memories and lessons learned along the way.  This picture was taken on Cruz's first getaway to one of our favorite cities, Chicago, and I can't wait to revisit the city with one more in tow this summer.


18.  My camera

I love my camera and love what I see through its lens.  It's not only a hobby and outlet for creativity, but a chance to examine my life and the beauty in it a little bit closer.  It's my chance to live this life twice - to pay attention, be astonished, and tell about it. (Mary Oliver)


19. A life worth celebrating

It's easy to get caught up in the motions and redundancy of life and I am thankful for the desire to light a candle every now and then and make the ordinary moments a little more extraordinary.  Whether it's a handmade banner for one special daddy's birthday, an unexpected early pick-up from daycare and a trip to Scratch for a cupcake, or Saturday morning pancakes and candles for Dr. Seuss' birthday, life's too short and our kids are little for only so long  - enough of a reason to celebrate for me.   

   
20.  A good book

I'm thankful for the adventures found within pages of a good book.  I'm thankful for newfound perspective, books that become road maps for navigating the challenges of this life, and for a little boy that loves books as much as I do.  I look forward to board books evolving to chapters of some of my favorite childhood adventures - from Dumbledore's castle, to the courtroom of Maycomb County.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...