Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Catching up







These were the only pictures I snapped on Father's Day, the four of us ready to settle in for a supper of chocolate shakes, popcorn and Big Hero 6 for the twenty-fifth time.  The kids had just had baths and Beau was letting them help with the popcorn.  He patiently supervised as Cruz poured in the oil and seeds, keeping one hand on Mila, who sat on the counter beside him, her eyes glued to the popper in anticipation of what would follow.  It was the first slow moment I had felt in what seemed like weeks, and I almost didn't grab my Canon for I was afraid I would miss how tender the three of them were in that little moment together.  I smiled and watched as Mila's little eyes blinked with every pop pop of new kernels, and by the time I grabbed my camera and snapped a couple of pictures, Cruz was on the couch, his bowl in hand, already reciting his favorite Baymax lines.  It seems our days lately are filled with many of these sweet, but quick, catch-me-if-you-can moments and I'm caught spinning my wheels trying to keep up with it all.  June has been a whirlwind month, with our anniversary and Beau's birthday, a statistics class every afternoon, a week of nightly Vacation Bible School for Cruz, a week trip to Florida, followed by a weekend of music and house guests, as well as lots of bonus time with my talkative four year old and headstrong one year old.  We've spent afternoons at the pool, mornings at the library, and ran errands, packed picnics, and picked strawberries.  I've been inspired by new reads, prayed continually for a very well-loved family in our community coping with incredible loss, and questioned what it is I value and where I want to invest my time and heart these days.  The only thing that's left to do with all this is to document it, although I'm afraid I'm left feeling exhausted at the end of most days.  July promises to be a slower month with less travel and less statistics (thank God), and I'm hoping for a freer schedule and freer mind.  

In the meantime, some of my captured moments in this current chase of this crazy, beautiful life... 


  





















































1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these pictures, Ash! They just make me smile! That last picture melts my heart! Too precious!!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...