Saturday, June 4, 2016

Happy Birthday to my Beau...


Of all the things I love about you - your unmatched wit and ambitious spirit, the way you play with the kids and continually vie for Mila's heart, your brains, your barbecue, and your sparkly blue eyes...it's the way you make me feel at home, no matter where we are or what stage we're in, that ranks above it all for me.  From those early, wild and crazy days we started dating, I couldn't get enough of being with you.  Our talks that went well into the night, your spontaneous and carefree spirit, and the way you always pursued me made me crazy about you.  Looking back on how it all began with us, I realize just how sweet and spicy our love story was.  I love that.  

And now, twelve years into this relationship, a whole lot has changed with our story.  We are raising two little products of ourselves, both with some of our best qualities, along with a few of our not-so-great ones (not to name any names).  We have advanced degrees and books of business, built a house and sold another, traveled, built new friendships, and spent most of our days doing our best to build a solid rock at home.  It's been crazy, but it's been full of blessings from a Jesus who is our best modeler of what it means to be in communion with one another.  But with all the changes, all the growth and new wisdom we've collected along the way, I realize much of how I felt about you nine, ten, twelve years ago hasn't changed.  You are the best part of my day, every day.  Home is wherever I'm with you.  You have this way of settling me down and making me feel so safe, assured, and at peace, when everything else feels crazy and out of control.  You fill me up in all the best ways and I am so very thankful to get to do this life with you.

  




Happy Birthday, babe.  I love our adventures, the big and small, and love that every day is home with you.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...