Tuesday, August 23, 2016

on the iphone...


In honor of the back-to-school nesting that's happening at our house right now, I might as well add the iphone to the mix.  Nothing is safe in this house!  The fridge got a good cleaning this weekend and is fully stocked with a hefty Sam's Club and Hy-Vee grocery run, laundry is caught up for the first time since vacation, Cruz's school bag is packed, and meals are prepped for the week.  I even reorganized our DVR playlist!  While it's hard to wash those swimsuits and put them away in drawers for what might be the last time, there's something pretty refreshing about cleaning out the hen house and preparing for a new season.  These chilly nights with the windows open has got me all anxious for fall.  Just as long as I don't let my mind go back to those lazy days at the swimming pool, I'm ready. :)

Lots of catching up on the blog to do.  Starting with what's been on my iPhone...

Made this pretty thing one afternoon after returning from vacation (and why I'm still doing laundry from vacation).  Maine is known as blueberry country and this was my attempt at bringing a little Maine to counter our post-vacation blues.  


Beau has been working late a lot lately, including a few Friday nights which is quite unusual for him.  This particular night, we made due with a movie night, complete with sleeping bags, Zootopia, and Papa John's delivery.  Beau hates it, I do not hate it, and I'm pleased to say the kids don't either!


Just another Four Queens stop after a swim at the Falls.  Always pink ice cream for Mila, a cookie dough snowstorm for Cruz, and a Reese's for Beau.  I'm the wild card, but their cherry doozy bars are a frequent winner!


Love those post-pool curls!


And one of my favorite sights of summer - this tan girl in her bed.  I soak up every afternoon I have the chance to carry her sleepy, sunscreen smelling body into her bed and tuck her in under her bed sheets.  I always linger in her room for awhile, watching her chest move up and down and brushing her wild hair out of her face.  I remember the same summers with Cruz, some of my favorite snapshots of this season


She finally sits still long enough for nail polish.  Especially if Sofia's on TV. :)



School shopping adventures, just me and my boy.  A tradition we will definitely make a priority as each summer comes to an end.


A new Bible study and fresh hydrangeas from our front steps.


Picnics on the back deck.  One of our favorite places to hang.


And fires on the patio in our pajamas.  The neighbor boys were running laps around the house, but Mila wanted a s'more.  In her moccasins, of course.


An impromptu movie on a rainy weekday morning.  We snuck in Starbursts and chocolate for our popcorn, and Mila sat still through the whole thing.


A day at Clear Lake on Gabe and Gina's pontoon.  And a sleepover to follow!



Scenes around the house...






The Cubs had such a great season.  Cruz got to play with his cousins and his good friend, Eli.  We had a small little team, and they were well-behaved, eager to play, and pretty good.  Minus a few pileups attempting to get the ball, that is. :)


We had a fun day at the splash pad in Waterloo during a steamy day in August.  It was a nice change of scenery for them (and me!).  


Being silly in mom and dad's bed...


Mila came down with a quick bug a few weeks ago, and it zapped her for the better part of the morning hours.  We sat on the couch together most of the morning and she finally just went to sleep.  I knew something was off and wanted her wild, spunky self back.


Beau and I enjoyed a fun date night on a beautiful night in August.  We had dinner and cherry mules on the outdoor patio at Cherry Creek Grill, before heading to Luna to see Brad and Kate, two of our favorite worship leaders at church, sing outside.  We ran into Taylor and Kate, found a table for four, and had a blast together.  We loved the atmosphere back here, a sweet little hideaway that made us feel like we were in a bigger city instead of the downtown we know so well.


Camping selfies!


My birthday morning at the farmer's market.  No filter needed here!


Loved spending my birthday at Stem and Stein in Waterloo with some of my favorite people.  The weather couldn't have been better, we tried Basal pizza for the first time, and ended the night with a fire and drinks at our house.  No better way to start a new year of life!


With cupcakes to follow, of course!


Had so much fun preparing a pretty table and spread for our seventh If:Table.  Once again blessed with a beautiful summer night, we gathered under the pretty lights to share a meal and reconnect together.


Cheese and sangria are a surefire way to welcome people to your home and encourage them to stay awhile!



Tomatillos for the win!  


Did a little local shopping on my own one morning and put together an arrangement for my dining table.


Some post-bath green bean snipping before bed.  An unplanned, sweet moment Beau caught on camera for us.


She's been wearing these fake glasses lately, and we think she looks pretty cute in them.


We call these her J. Lo shades.  "I'm still, I'm still Mila from the block."


Our last trip to the pool.  See you next year, blue sno-cones and torpedo diving sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...