Monday, January 8, 2018

Christmas Day 2017


I have a feeling I'll look back at these pictures years from now and smile just the sameIt just doesn't get any better than Christmas morning with kidsThe quiet calmness that fills the air as we all file out of bed at different times, and the crazy chaos that quickly follows!  Their little bare feet in their matching Christmas jammies surveying Santa's surprises.  Popping the breakfast casserole in the oven and moving the ottoman out of the way so we can all take our corner by the fireplace.  I want to drag this morning out as long as I possibly can, and we pretty much do!  This year I think we started around 7 and didn't finish until 11!  

I love this string of pictures and believe they say so much about our morning together, but wanted to include some highlights as well!  A few favorite moments for the taking:

-The kids both made "forts" with their presents.  They looked so cute sitting in the middle of their own loot piles.

-Mila was adorably gracious with each present opened.  Her eyes would light up and she would have the sweetest things to say like, "Oh, this is so cute!" or "Oh, thank you thank you!"  

-Of all the gifts they opened, they were most appreciative of their gifts from each other.  They watched intently as the other opened their box, and they were so gracious.  Mila went over and gave Cruz a hug, and Cruz wanted to test out his own mini projector right away!

-Cruz was most excited about his mini Pokemon card holder that he could take to school with him, his books, and his new Wii game.
  
-Mila LOVED her kitty purse.  I filled it with some little lip balms, a box of crayons, and a bracelet, and she was an immediate fan.  She put it on her arm, looked at her reflection in the fireplace, and instantly asked if she could put on a dress.  She carried it around all morning and couldn't wait to bring it to Addy and Livi's to show her cousins!  

-Beau's mustache Christmas morning.  Enough said. ;)

-Mila's little hot cocoa set was my favorite gift!  I love gifts that are functional and pretty.  I'm going to make this one an heirloom

-The kids were so excited for us to open their gifts from them.  I am always so thankful for their teachers who plan school time to make projects.  Cruz made a picture frame with his first day of school picture, and Mila made the sweetest ball ornament with a family of little fingerprint snowmen and sparkly snow and little treasures inside.  It looked like something I'd buy at Anthropologie!  I told her I can't wait to hang it on the tree next year.     

-I got the prettiest gifts from Beau, Mom, and Kate.  I was so excited to open my new Bible from Beau, and my Letterfolk board that I immediately put to use.  And I opened the prettiest package from Kate, an ornament from Magnolia with a tag that read, "a memory for your tree, March 2017."  

-Last year was all about Cubs memorabilia, and this year was the year of the bar!  We laughed that nearly every gift Beau opened was something to go in his man room. 

-We celebrated Christmas with Beau's side Christmas night and although I didn't get many pictures, we sure had funGabe smoked beef tenderloin and it was mouth-watering, we broke in the girls' new karaoke machine, and we all curled up on Gabe and Gina's new couch and watched Spaceballs.  Yes, Spaceballs.  Apparently it is a tradition.  I wonder if I could introduce them to George Baily next Christmas. ;)          

















































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...