Thursday, July 18, 2019

Cotton Candy Fingers and Ferris Wheel Smooches


Nothing screams summer more than a night at the carnival.  We took the kids down to Sturgis Falls early this year, partially to beat the humidity that was about to settle in for the weekend and partially because we hoped it would be less busy on a Thursday night.  And if by less busy I meant practically-had-the-place-to-ourselves, we sort of felt like we were at Walt Disney World and someone had rented the place out for us.  You know, other than the fact that this carnival had about eight rides total and instead of Disney princesses we just had a lot of carnies. ;)    





The kids ran from ride to ride and were almost always the only two kids on them.  There were no lines, most of the time they got to stay on for another round or two without even bothering to get out, and Beau and I just sort of followed them around and discussed which ride or game we'd operate and reminisced about our childhood days when the county fair was pretty much the highlight of our summer.  I used to plan out my outfits for weeks in advance.  It was a big deal.  







There weren't that many rides and I'm pretty sure by the time it was all said and done our kids rode each ride for an average of five times.  We only got Cruz on sizzler once, but the forty-five times they climbed on the bouncy house and through the hallway of mirrors off set the average a bit!















These two put up with a lot of pictures that night (and who am I kidding, always!).  I LOVE carnival pictures.














I just noticed their little hands together. :)












I love when Beau grabs the camera unprompted.  Love these Ferris wheel pictures with my girl.  We had a perfect view of the sunset and I told she's only allowed to kiss me or Beau at the top until she's 18.  She smooched me big every time we went around.  







The sky was turning the same colors as the cotton candy we had purchased earlier in the night, and we detoured by the beach on the river to watch it in its glory.  The night was as sweet as a lemonade shakeup.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...