Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm trying resolutions this year...


Resolution: 1. the act or process of resolving; 2. the act of analyzing a complex notion into simpler ones; 3. determination; 4. the mental state or quality of being resolved; firmness of purpose.

I love making lists. I have lists for weekly meals and groceries. I've started a list of Spring projects and cleaning. And of course, I have my massive weekly to-do lists. So, as I sit here this morning on my final day of Winter Break, I have decided to add one more list to the mix. A list of 2010 resolutions. Now that I have a blog, these resolutions will not only be published for the knowing world to see, but they will stay secure on a place where I can re-visit them a year from now to see how I did.

Here's what I've come up with so far...

1. Be better about acknowledging special occasions – it’s about time I start keeping track of birthdays, anniversaries, and milestones
2. Do a better job of sweet, unexpected surprises for the man that I love.
3. Pray & read the Bible more
4. Read and complete a different book ‘for fun’ each month – First on the list??? Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games
5. Decorate the back wall in my kitchen
6. Stop biting my nails – keep them long enough to get a manicure
7. Finish my Master’s!
8. Start a garden in the summer
9. Stop spending money on 'little things,' and save for 'big things.' I want a new camera, we need a lawn mower, and I'd love to start a 'travel' account!
11. Call a different good friend once a week – just because…

12. Keep blogging

And of course, I must mention the likely additions on everyone's list this year: devise and stick to a workout plan, eat better, pay off debt, and enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...