Friday, January 1, 2010

Some Bubbly at the Bourre`

I think last night might have been my favorite New Year's Eve ever. 14 of us, Chris & April, Jordan & Kelli, Starbuck, Julie, Heiney & Danielle, Jeff & Krista, Mike & Lynette, and Beau and I met at the new Roux Orleans in Waterloo. Our dinner was three hours long! Appetizers included crawfish beignets, entrees included chicken parmesan and prime rib, and I finished the meal with an amazing creme brulee`.

After dinner, we went downstairs to the Bourre` Lounge. It's a beautiful bar/lobby in the old Black's Building in downtown Waterloo. It was fancy. They had a band, Sugarfoot, that started playing at 10. They were some of the regular worship band members at Orchard! They were very fun. Luckily, Julie, Jordan, and Chris had an urge to dance, so we cut a rug on the dance floor a good part of the night.

It was so cold out (well below zero), so I and my fellow skirt wearers were just fine staying warm in the same place all night. It wasn't until Chris P. decided it was a good idea to brush elbows with Darin Beck and get us bottle service. Our party became VIPs for the rest of the night!

I took a lot of pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...