Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Flowers - My List for Summer

(Cruz's toes - May 2012)

I told my students that after yesterday, we only had two more Mondays of the school year.  The end of the school year always has this way of creeping up on you.  I have a lot to do before I can call it another year done, however, I'm itching for a summer break more than ever before.  I've got plans, baby, and cannot wait to savor my summertime favorites.  I'm ready for walks around the neighborhood, sun tea smoldering on the deck, Saturday morning Farmers' Markets, and barefoot picnics at the park.  And most of all, I'm ready for a little simple, a little carefree, and a little tan.

My Lazy Days of Summer Bucket List
Summer 2012

1. Make homemade ice cream and cover it with sprinkles
2. Hang out by the lake at Uncle Gabe and Aunt Gina’s
3. Build a sand castle at George Wyth
4. Make fresh fruit popsicles - eat them with our toes in the pool
5. Blow bubbles - lots and lots of bubbles
6. Go to the strawberry field - see if Cruz still eats more than he picks!
7. Farmer’s Market Saturday mornings and smoothies from Cup of Joe
8. Spend a morning at Barnes and Noble
9. Sleep in a fort
10. Plant flowers
11. Play in the rain 
12. Throw a banana split party
13. Have a camping night - roast hot dogs and marshmallows and lay under the stars
14. Try a new park - every week
15. Re-stain our back deck
16. Get crazy with sidewalk chalk

Cruz's toes - last summer (2011)

17. Plant our garden (and keep it alive)
18. Make DIY garden labels like these and these
19. Canvas handprints with Cruz
20. Eat watermelon 
21. Movies Under the Moon 
22. Go on a bike ride 
23. Go to a baseball game 
24. Sno-cones
25. Get Cruz's new room ready
26. Get in a water balloon fight 
27. Have a grilled pizza party
28. Eat outside at night 
29. Cribbage and Jeremiah Weed on the deck with Beau 
30. Find a flea market - buy something outrageous
31. Have a picnic and feed the ducks
32. Catch fireflies in mason jars
33. Watch a parade 
34. Go on a walk at moonlight
35. Watch the sunset 
36. Visit the Des Moines Farmer’s Market 
37. Make dirt cups 
38. Have a fun photo shoot with props 
39. Take Cruz to the Butler County Fair - eat funnel cakes and watch the ferris wheel
40. Fourth of July fireworks 
41. Spend a day at Jordan Creek
42. Play with some balloons
43. Read books under a tree 
44. Go explore our secret garden
45. Make quinoa 
46. Watch a movie outside 
47. Spend a Saturday morning on Main Street – shops, Scratch, and a cup of joe
48. Summer potluck with friends 
49. Drink lemonade from mason jars 
50. Make lots of flavored waters
51. Make something with homegrown lavender 
52. Go to a sale or auction 
53. Paint a piece of furniture a funky color 
55. Take Cruz to the waterpark
56. Clean out my closet
57. Take a nap in the hammock
58. Bake three homemade fruit pies
59. Finish my living room
60. Go on a fun date with Beau - drive-in movie, perhaps...
61. Build a tent out of a bed sheet

Little Wonders' Days

I've had so much fun putting this little list together.  It sits just below my weekly to-do list, and I add to it almost daily when I think or hear of something fun to do this summer.  While the finished product of just how much we actually accomplish isn't really the goal, the process of dreaming it up was so much fun and has given me so much to look forward to.  I hope I inspire you to write your own summer list and comment with the link at the bottom of this post.  Hoping we can share some fun ideas along the way.  Can't wait to read what's included on your list! 

23 comments:

  1. Oh, it just sounds like the perfect summer! I love all the wonderful ideas you have...they sound beautiful. Thanks for sharing at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you decide to do 36 and 41---let me know! I would love to see you and get the boys together for a playdate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so neat Ashley!!! You have inspired me to do one as well!

    xo, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that it didn't show up who I was--this is Kallie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kallie! We need to get our boys together. I would love that.

      Have you been to the Farmer's Market? I've heard good things. We'll drive up some morning and if you're not busy, get together for some playtime!

      Delete
    2. The farmers market is amazing!! I won't brave it with both boys without Justin, so we only get to go every other week since he works. Let us know...I would love for you guys to come over and play!

      Delete
  5. I love your summer bucket list!!! So many great ideas!! Cruz has the cutest little feet! love the flip flops :) gets me thinking about what my summer bucket list would be :) ~Bre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! The flip flops are from Target. I'll look forward to your list :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, your whole list just made me so excited for summer!! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE summer! Our school doesn't dismiss until June 1st, which seems like an eternity. I feel some closure but there are still so many things to take care of at the end of the year. Your bucket list has inspired me to make one of my own. I'll let you know, and if it's okay, I'll give you a shout-out! Love that photo of the baby toes. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're done the 30th! Can't wait to see your list!

      Delete
  8. Can I come to the banana split party!? I love that! You have a awesome list for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you remember going to the park with Sheena, Ryan & Tori to feed the ducks??Great memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many memories of with you and your kids! I just wrote about dancing around the May Pole with Ryan!

      We'll see you at Becca's party tomorrow! Can you believe your baby's graduating???

      Delete
  10. This sounds like such a fun list and so many of the things are what I want to do with my family!!! Hope you have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a lot of great ideas! I especially love your idea of watching the sunset or going on walk at moonlight. Stuff we take for granted but then I realize that my kids have never experienced those things! They are 2 and 4. There's so much wonder in store for them this summer! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could offer some inspiration :) I am counting down the days to summer. Can hardly wait ;)

      Delete
  12. I also have a summer bucket list with linky, feel free to drop by and add your post!

    http://www.momsbookshelf.com/2012/05/2012-summer-bucket-list-family-fun.html

    Have a Great Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up! It looks like your going to have a very exciting summer =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see what you make with homegrown lavender!!!
    Your list is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...