Friday, May 26, 2017

20/52

"a portrait of my children, once each week, in 2017"




Cruz: When I checked your ClassDojo app Friday afternoon as I sat in the school parking lot, I saw a red "warning" point with a description of "inappropriate language."  When I got you in the car, I asked you what that was all about and you replied with big eyes and a whisper of "I don't want to talk about it."  After a bit of prying, I learned you had a substitute teacher and a first grade helper come to practice spelling words with you and your classmates in the hallway.  When it was your turn to go in the hallway, this first grader asked you to spell the word, "but".  To which you replied to him, "You mean b-u-t-t, butt?"  This boy did not find the humor you were going for, and proceeded to tattle on you to the sub.  After a stern talking to and a red warning point to match, I would say you learned your lesson.  And as you told me this story in the most serious of tones, I had to do my best not to laugh, quite relieved the inappropriate word we were talking about was your butt and not something else!

Mila: Your latest favorite phrase is, "I can handle this, mommy!"  You are still fiery, but there is a softness I'm starting to see more often than not, and it's making me so very excited for summer break.  More of those big blue eyes telling me about the world and all you're going to do in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...