Monday, October 29, 2018

42/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2018."



Cruz: I know I'm showing off your Halloween costume a day early, but you had your Halloween piano recital on Sunday afternoon and were the cutest Harry Potter.  Dyan wanted all her students to share the words of their songs with the audience, so you had not only been mastering playing your song the past few weeks, but also singing it.  Come to find out, you were the only one who actually sang it, and my heart beat fast watching you in front of that crowd singing all my yourself.  We were so proud of you!  You lost your finger placement during the song and struggled to figure it out.  Watching you up there in front of all those people as you did your very best to get back on track was SO HARD for me! I could tell you were upset and I just wanted to fix it.  You were bummed afterwards, and I can hardly take it when your lips straighten and your eyes fill with tears.  I know I share all the good stuff on this blog, but these moments are good, too, bud.  They show us that sometimes, we're not always going to get it right, and how we learn and grow from all of it is what matters the most.  You are the sweetest of boys, and I couldn't love you more if I tried!

Mila: You had your own pre-Halloween fun yesterday, invited to your first EVER friend party, a costume tea party, at Makena's house.  You have watched your big brother go to birthday party after birthday party for some time and it was finally your turn to go!  I loved that the first thing you did after I showed you the invitation was construct a little handmade art for her.  You made a pair of the cutest witches brooms out of paper and was adamant that we find a gift bag for you to put them in.  I talked you into wearing last year's kitty costume and was glad I did.  You sipped lots of hot cocoa, made slime, and decorated cookies with all your closest girlfriends.  You had a ball and definitely brought your energy and joy to that festive little tea party.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...