Monday, December 31, 2018

52/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2018."




Cruz: Last portrait of 2018!  I didn't get one of you all dressed up in your "decent" clothes on Christmas Eve, so one in your Christmas comfies will just have to do.  You had a wonderful Christmas, full of all your favorite things.  When I tucked you in bed Christmas Eve night, I asked you if you were excited to see what awaited you under the tree the next morning.  Your reply?  You were most excited to get to see your little cousins the next morning.  Melted my heart, sweet boy.

Mila: You were into all things Christmas, baby doll.  You especially loved the water baby you received from Santa and proceeded to carry her in your arms every minute of the next day.  I loved when you opened a package from Grandma last night and shouted, "Grandma nailed it!" as you discovered a cute stuffed kitty and an new outfit for your Bitty Baby.  So cute!

And just like that, another year of portraits!  I knew I had started them the January I was pregnant with Mila, but had to count on my fingers to determine that meant for five years of weekly snapshots of these two.  There was a while when I thought I would be done blogging in 2019, but we shall see!  For now, I'll keep snapping the pictures, keep writing the memories, and keep reliving these sweet and super fast days with my favorite wildlings.  

Our first portrait of 2018.  Both of their jammies still fit them!  Maybe my wish came true and they've stopped growing???      





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...