Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Christmas Morning 2018


We were fortunate to have a sick-free home for Christmas morning and I woke up with a spirit of contentedness and peace to have made it to this day we anticipate all month long.  I love waking up on Christmas morning, perhaps even more than I did when I was a kid.  Cruz was up early with me, so we quietly grabbed Memory and Go Fish and played by the tree.  I figured Mila would hear us, but she continued to sleep for an hour after we were up!  Beau and Cruz snuck in a game of Madden, I sipped my coffee real slow, and we all finally caved and woke her up just before 8!  We couldn't wait any longer!



We moved the love seat out of the way and all took our four corners.  The kids made "forts" of their presents.  We took turns unwrapping, one by one by one, and took a break for breakfast in between.  It is a joy to watch their faces as they unwrap their gifts and discover what's inside.  Mila LOVED her water baby (thank goodness Santa thought of this last minute surprise) and her new ice cream cart.  I told her I envision her carting it around the cul de sac this summer "selling" all the neighbor boys some treats.  Her eyes lit up at the thought of that!









Cruz loved his new XBox games, his Hogwarts Legos, and his new Bey Blade set.  But my favorite part was watching him and Mila open their gifts for each other.  They take special care in expressing their appreciation and joy for what they pick out for each other.  Cruz gave Mila a Barbie complete with a play-doh waffle maker, and Mila gave Cruz a Lego set specific to the Marvel movie he just watched and loved.  I can't keep track of their Marvel movie marathon!


Cruz's clay project he made for Beau in art class.  An ornament with his truck on it!  My car did not make an ornament this year. ;)






Special books from Vermont!








In addition to our usual spread of breakfast casserole and mimosas, I added in Katy Susong's amazing cinnamon roll cake.  And it was so good I made another one for the Jorgensen family Christmas later that night!










I was treated well this year, too!


And that's a wrap!  Literally, so. much. wrapping!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...