Sunday, January 13, 2019

Mila Turns FIVE


Mila is FIVE today.  It's a strange thing.  She opens the car door on her own, even the heavy door of Beau's truck, climbs up, and buckles herself in her car seat.  She gets herself dressed, brushes her teeth, and independently strolls into her classroom without as much as a grin and a silly tickle hug before she's off.  She winks, whistles, skips to where she's going, and has a sense of humor well beyond her years.  God is in the business of abundance, and Mila is our definition of it.  She is rich in heart, full of spirit, smart as a whip, and her energy overflows.  And while we celebrate her extra good today, we've been celebrating the joy she's brought to our lives since we first laid eyes on her in that hospital room.





And while I have to remind myself sometimes that she is very much turning into a big girl, there are things I'm just not done with quite yet.  I listen to her little voice tell big stories and linger on every word of her high-pitched little squeak.  I feel her sweet arms grab tightly around my neck when I pick her up and I hang on a little longer.  I play pretend with her and study her face as she fully immerses in a world of her wildest imagination.  I marvel at her questions, even when they are clearly there to interrupt Beau and I's conversation, and engage in talks with her just to hear what she comes up with.  God put a lot of His spirit in her soul and He shows me a glimpse of his joy and light every time I look at her.   






Mila, my hope for you is that you are relentlessly, endlessly YOU for all of your days.  You are joy, you are light, and you are so so loved.  Five is a big deal, for you are officially one whole hand big.  Happy Birthday, sweet girl.  We love you so so much.   





     

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...