Sunday, December 13, 2009

A "Little" Christmas Feast (but no Roast Beast)

Last night, Beau and I had our parents over for a Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner. We had been meaning to have our family over for dinner for awhile, but had to take a raincheck after Mary's surgery. Even though it didn't quite get to 30 degrees yesterday, Beau was more than ready to melt the snow off his smoker. I was also ready to cook after having a couple of unexpected days off from school last week. Like always, I (and Beau, thanks to his "Bacon Explosion"), cooked way too much! We ate, talked, sat by the fire, and relaxed.

The Menu:
-Smoked Pork Loin with Cinnamon Apple Glaze
-Mashed Potatoes
-Sweet Potato and Apple Crisp
-Candied Carrots
-Sausage, Cranberry, and Apple Stuffing
-Pear Romaine Salad

-Bananas Foster for Dessert!

Lastly, I posted a few pictures of my table. I was quite proud of it. Believe it or not, it was Beau's idea to make a table runner out of wrapping paper! What a great idea! It's a big table for a small kitchen, but it looked pretty last night!
Notice the napkins??? They're called "Bishop's Hats" and Beau and I learned how to fold them by watching youtube!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...