Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Things

My name is Ashley.  I am a shopaholic.

I sometimes believe I was born with the addiction.  From a very early age, I remember being fascinated by all the authentic, handmade baby doll clothes at one special booth at the UNI-Dome Craft Show.  I would run my fingers along the soft fabric, listen to the sound of buttons snapping or zippers zipping, and study the vibrant colors of each piece.  And I remember feeling so happy and so excited when I would have enough money to purchase something, waiting for just the right time to show off my purchase on my favorite Cabbage Patch doll, Hannah. 

I've always loved clothes.  It's by far one of my favorite things in the world.  I love watching the styles of the stars, thumbing through the latest Victoria's Secret magazine, and organizing and re-organizing my closet.  It's Christmas time when an Express coupon arrives in the mail, and the smell of Abercrombie and Fitch is a smell that far exceeds even the aromas of the best Thanksgiving dinner.  

Since having Cruz, however, my clothing obsession has shifted from Express to Baby Gap, Abercrombie to Amazon, and Von Maur Women's to Von Maur Baby.  I love putting outfits together for him, washing his little clothes, and 'accessorizing.'  Sometimes, I get so excited getting him dressed that Beau actually refers to Cruz as my 'accessory baby.'  

My latest accessory???







 
I like hats.  And it turns out, Cruz does too.  He can pull off the fedora better than Brad Pitt :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...