Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wisdom from Glennon Melton

 (image taken from favim.com)

I have had a blog crush on Glennon Melton for quite some time and am continually inspired by her wisdom, faith, and amazing way with words.  Glennon just published her second book, Carry on Warrior, and I can hardly wait to get my hands on it. 

As she prepares to hit the road to publicize her book, she shared a few notes she wrote to keep in her purse and remind her of what's important when she "gets busy and nervous and forgets who I am for a couple of minutes."  They're simple and powerful and seem to sum up the millions of words and emotions filling my life as of late.  So as I struggle to know what to say and how to say it, I'm gonna let Glennon do the talking for now.  Maybe some of you will relate as I do...
  
Cited from the post, On the Road, April 1, 2013
  
1.  We can do hard things.
 
Life is not hard because you're doing it wrong.  Like marriage, parenting, and many things worth doing - life is just hard.  It's okay.

2.  Love wins.

What you do matters less than how you do it.  Just do what you do with love.

3.  We belong to each other.

Be confident - you are a child of God.  Be humble - everyone else is, too.

4.  Just show up.

Things are not good, nor bad.  Everything is a teacher.  Be curious.

5.  Breathe.  Despite every shred of evidence to the contrary - All is Well.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...