And just like that, it feels like summer. As tradition would have it, we've been plotting and dreaming the last few weeks of all the big and little things we can't wait to do together over the next few months of sunshine. We've been brainstorming summer bucket lists for six years now and it's always a fun practice to ensure we are being creative and making the most of our days. Afternoons at the pool, dinners on the deck, and neighborhood walks before bed make up our days, but this list provides a spark of novelty and excitement when we're looking for something fun to do. I love how every year Cruz is able to contribute more, and that although there are always new idea, certain favorites have reappeared every single year. Our afternoon bike ride excursion with pit stops at the playground for the kids and Mulligans' patio for the adults, annual strawberry picking day, and Main Street's Movies Under the Moon are among our favorites, but with each year brings kids a little bigger and experiences a little richer.
Looking forward to the old and new this summer. The kids are at such fun ages this year and I can't wait for some big adventures and all the easy going days in between.
15. Take the kids mini-golfing
18. Lay in the grass and tell stories about the clouds
24. Go for a walk in our pajamas - explore outside with flashlights
27. Dunkin' Donuts and a morning at the park
29. Catch lightning bugs
34. Make dirt cups - talk about bugs
35. Make a deck fort
37. Make homemade ice cream
40. Surprise Uncle Taylor with lunch
44. Get burgers at La Calle and take a walk through campus
45. Splash in puddles in our rain boots
46. Newbo City Market on a Saturday morning
47. Grilled pizza night with friends