Tuesday, March 13, 2018

8/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2018."



Cruz: We can't spend 30 minutes with you lately without being "jinxed" or "busted".  We spent a few hours working on some basement organization on Sunday and you talked to me nonstop.  So many Mommy-guess-whats and Mommy-look-at-these and Mommy-did-you-knows.  But then we drive to school last week in a quiet car because you've got your nose stuck in another book and I keep trying to talk to you but you keep acting a little annoyed that I am distracting you from your page.  So I do my best to listen when you want to talk because it probably won't always be that way.  

Mila: Oh man, I forgot how great four is!  You have been stealing our hearts lately, let me tell you!  You steal Daddy's heart when you request to ride in his truck so you can listen to The White Stripes, and you steal my heart when you request The Greatest Showman for the twentieth time.  We went on a date Sunday afternoon and we had the very best time.  And on the way home, I watched you in the rear view mirror as you made up all the actions for the song we were singing.  You were quick and inventive and I told myself this was one of those moments I hoped I never forgot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...