Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Mila's On Stage Debut


The suspense for Mila's first preschool program had been building for weeks, thanks to her weekly updates on how practice was going, what songs they were singing and whether or not so and so was going to sing or not.  This is her first year attending preschool two mornings a week and while she gives us a fit on the mornings we tell her it is indeed a preschool morning, she seems to love it when she's there.  I think she's just a bit anti-establishment, and I was a little nervous to see how our unpredictable little spirit child would handle being on stage with her peers.  





There is just something about these little programs that make my heart flutter.  To see their growth, their eyes light up when they lock with yours in the crowd, and their unique personalities displayed just as they are is just precious to me.  The programs never last long enough, although I'm always convinced I could sit there and watch them for hours.  






I vividly remember Cruz's first preschool program, how sweet he was when he saw Mila in the crowd, and how baby Mila didn't take her eyes off her big brother the entire time.  I also remember that Cruz made me a little bit nervous!  He was animated and a little wild, just doing his thing and having the time of his life up there.  I remember thinking we might have a class clown on our hands, and I smile to think of him now three years later, a responsible, hard-working, and studious little learner thriving in his first grade year.  






When I picked Mila up from school that day, her little friends waved goodbye and one of them said, "You better get home so you can curl Mila's hair!"  I took this as a cue that Mila had plans for some special primping before her concert and I was happy to oblige.  She chose a blue twirly dress, I gave her soft curls, and she finished off her look with a single bracelet.  She considered a necklace, but decided against it because, "that would too dazzling."  Then she was ready to go and could hardly contain her excitement as I dropped her off with her sweet teacher, Mrs. Peters, and her adorable little class.  





If I had to guess, I have a feeling we might have a performer on our hands.  Mila was most definitely in her element up on that stage.  Her little high-pitched voice carried loud and clear and every time her teacher gave them the cue to sing louder, she just sang louder!  She smiled so proudly, sat with her chin on her hands and watched the other classes perform, and did her best to keep up with all the actions when it was her time to shine again.  I loved her confidence and pride, her big smile, the way she put her nose in the air and breathed in Jesus during the song, Every Move I Make, and the way she grabbed the sides of her dress and swayed a little as the audience clapped big.  There are few things in life sweeter than watching little lights shine bright and sing big for God.  I can't wait to show Mila these videos years from now and see just who God has made her to be.  











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...