Tuesday, March 13, 2018

on the iPhone || winter 2018


As winter gives way to spring, so does the urge to clean every inch of my house.  Leave no stone unturned she declares as she moves the couch across the room to reveal a season's worth of cheerios and goldfish snack crackers.  And while few things make me happier than an organized pantry or a decluttered closet, creating an efficient and effective system for photo organization, especially those on the iphone, is just a big avoidable headache to me.  This morning I realized I hadn't backed up photos since before Christmas and for some reason, photos and videos from October to December seem to be stuck on my phone.  This endeavor is definitely on my list of things to tackle this year.  But in the meantime, periodic phone "dumps" on here will just have to do!  

Life from the iphone, winter 2017-18...

...A little snap from Beau while he and Mila were on a date night one night.  He took her bowling and to Sidecar for hot cocoa.  I think this is when their mutual love for The White Stripes began!  




...a forgotten cute picture of these two letter writers.  




...and these festive elves. ;)



...I love when these photos show up on my phone!  This was the night Mila got sick at Tony's just two days before Christmas.  These were taken probably 15 minutes before she threw up all over our booth.  Who would have ever thought!  





...One of my favorite Christmas nights.  I declare a Christmas camp-out night a new tradition for the Jorgensens. 


...Christmas break memories.  Books at Barnes and Noble, milkshakes at Freddy's, and lots of afternoons inside with puzzles and movies and cups of hot cocoa.  


...New Years Eve, 2018.  The 2nd Annual Bowling Extravaganza with the Susongs.  With Chinese food to follow, of course.  We galaxy bowl early, celebrate with flaming volcanoes afterwards, and usually wind up on the couch with my favorite three just in time to pretend it's midnight and smooch before bed.  With chocolate milk toasts, of course. 







...2018 started with a little girl turning the big four.  We ate donuts and played twister and twirled a bunch.    


...We find our own fun while Cruz is at piano.


...I caught this just as the egg shells were about to land in the cookie dough!



...Dreaming about summer campfires with a little s'more treat before bed.




...Found them like this one morning while I was getting ready.  Love Mila's little arm around her big brother.  



...A fun night with the Schroeders!  This was our first trip to the twin cities... ;)





...And two weeks later, a trip back for the second half of our stay.  Mila got sick yet again the morning we were supposed to enjoy the big mall, so we ventured back and enjoyed another weekend away.


...Beau called early one afternoon to ask what time Mila is usually done with her nap at daycare. He said he had a quiet afternoon at the office, was in the neighborhood, and felt like picking her up. She spent all afternoon with him, and they kept sending me pictures and texts as evidence.  It was the sweetest thing.     




...The kids got to come to the office with me a couple of times this winter, too!  This day, I had a meeting and they had a snow day.  My friend, Megan, brought her teenage girls to come entertain my two while we met in the other room.  In an hour and a half's time, they had put together a puzzle, made origami creations, played Barbies, and were having a paper airplane contest when I came out.  Cruz and Mila have since declared Megan's daughters their favorite baby-sitters of all time!    




...Our basement is finished and to say we are enjoying our space is an understatement.  We gathered here for Sunday football playoffs and Superbowl Sunday.  



...This might be our favorite part of the basement.  More on this reading nook to come!


...IF:Gathering 2018 preparations underway.  I stamped a whole lot of those coffee sleeves that weekend.  


...A spontaneous Valentine's day sledding adventure.  With Mulligans' nachos to follow.



...I had to include a collection of Mila's people creations.  We like to think she could get a deal with the creative director of Stranger Things.  I am especially creeped out by what appears to be the sad pregnant person in the second picture and the clown in the last one.  Uncle Taylor especially loves Mila's pictures, so we make sure to draw them for him and stick them in the mail every so often!







...Speaking of Taylor, he and Kate hosted a sleepover for Cruz and Mila a few weekends ago while Beau and I attended an awards banquet in Des Moines.  They had such a blast!  They played games, grilled hot dogs and helped with supper cleanup, built an epic blanket fort and watched a movie, and ate ice cream sundaes before bed. 






  
...We celebrated Miss Charly turning 8 at a Black Hawks game in February.  We had such a great night!  Kelli and I surprised Charly by getting her name on the big screen and I caught a picture of her smile just as she noticed it!  And as for Miss Harper, I caught a smile from her, too, which is not an easy thing to do in pictures lately!





...These two.  They wanted to sleep together one night so Beau and I let it happen.  And then I snuck in awhile later to this.  


...We had just turned the calendar to March and within days, a fresh few inches of snow fell from the sky.  I laughed to myself as I sat in my car and saw dang near 20 robins chirping along looking for some worms.  Spring is here, if only this winter would notice!  


...A Sunday with my girl.  We shopped at Target, tried on lots of clothes in the dressing room together, and ended our date with a little Starbucks.  And afterwards, we sang This Is Me in the car at the top of our lungs.  


...Now back to more of this!  I've made a big dent in the basement organization this week, including one massive craft supply overhaul Sunday night.  It was a family affair, but this space makes me a very happy girl.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...