Thursday, May 17, 2018

18/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2018."



Cruz: Yesterday was my first Wednesday to pick you up after school and I told you before you hopped on the bus that I'd see you at 1:50, proud that I remembered it was the usual early out day.  Little did I remember you actually got out at noon yesterday.  After a phone call from your teacher, I was twenty minutes (give or take) late to pick you up.  Yep, I was that parent!  When I got there, it was just you and principal waiting outside the front entrance of the school!  I asked if you were mad at me and you said yes.  But the smirk on your face and the twinkle in your eye soon after assured me you didn't stay mad for long. ;)

Mila: I'm loving all the artwork hung in the hallways of your school lately.  On the summer bulletin board that asks the question, "What are you most excited for this summer?" your glittery sunglasses read, "wearing summer dresses."  And your portrait of your future self with the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" shows a well colored mermaid with the caption, "Queen Fairy Mermaid."  You make me laugh, Mila!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...