Friday, February 4, 2011

A heavy heart...


"And he said, the things that are impossible with men are possible with God."
Luke 18:27

There are some things in life I truly can't wrap my mind around.  When I was pregnant, I was continually blown away by the miracle of life...how a tiny little cell can turn into a tiny little baby, that will grow, develop, and eventually descend from my body into this world as a living and breathing human.  I couldn't feel a kick or hear a heartbeat without being utterly amazed.  

I'm the same way with the sun, the moon, the stars, and the solar system.  It's crazy to think that our world is one very small speck in a magnificent universe.  When I look at all those tiny little stars in the sky, it's hard to believe they could engulf our entire planet about a million times over.
  

Another thing that I'm not sure I'll ever comprehend is when a little child gets really sick.  I can't begin to imagine how a parent copes with something likes this.  How you find ways to live, and deal, and believe when you are watching your baby hurt.  How you maintain a sense of normalcy, or happiness, or faith when your little one is going through chemotherapy treatments, or lying in a hospital bed, or asking questions like why hasn't God healed me?  This is a nightmare I don't ever want to live, however, lately, it's become a wearing presence on my mind.

Please pray for this little girl.  Pray for healing and strength, and a long life of happiness for Kate Mcrae.   Join the army and visit Kate's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...