Friday, February 17, 2012

Blue Jeans and a Good Hair Day

Some days, that's all it takes.  Those little things every day that makes us smile, or sometimes, just make the day a little more bearable.  The mornings where I begrudgingly drag myself out of bed, and tiptoe across the icy cold bathroom floor after a quick shower, only to take a sigh of relief when I remember it's Friday.  I throw on my favorite pair of jeans and instantly feel ready to face the day.  Or the simple fact that some days, a good hair day is all it takes to make you feel like a million bucks.  It's the simple pleasures and everyday comforts of this life that are perhaps most important, yet often the most neglected.  

Inspired by Gretchen Rubin's book, The Happiness Project, I know there is pleasure to be found in writing what makes one happy - even if it's just one sentence (or photo) a day.  Thus, starts a Friday ritual of mine - to document the good in every day, through words and pictures.   

"5 years. 365 days. 1825 happy moments captured."

Wednesday: A pair of dress pants that didn’t fit a month ago, a new lime green scarf from a thoughtful colleague, and a box of chocolates, purchased for myself after a long, ‘funk’ day at work.

Thursday: After waking up nearly an hour after my usual time, my morning was a little rushed. I got to school late, sunk in my office chair and quickly checked my email. And, love to my husband, I had an email that said:

If it's any consolation for your morning rush, I think you look hot in a pony tail

Friday: The sound of Cruz’s giggle as Beau and I took turns jumping from behind corners and ‘scaring’ him. I’m convinced that giggle could move mountains.

Saturday: Adult conversation and maple crusted pork medallions at Cu for Valentine’s Day. One of the best meals I’ve had in a long time.

Sunday: Frosted sugar cookies and a lazy afternoon in our basement cave.

Monday: Breaded tenderloins and a girls’ night.

Tuesday: Love Day. The look on Cruz’s face and the way he crossed his legs when he sat in his Anywhere chair for the first time.

Wednesday: Playing pirate finger puppets with Cruz.  He knows exactly how to get them on his fingers and does this sweet little voice as he mimics them to talking to each other.  It's the cutest thing. 

Thursday: A new book to read.  Thanks, Mom, for the recommendation, and thanks, Amazon Prime, for your free two-day shipping. 

Friday:  My students made me proud today.  More to come...





Mesmerized by the neighbor boys playing 'ball.'
 



This profile makes me melt.





Feel free to play along and link to your own 'Blue Jeans and a Good Hair Day.'  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...