Thursday, February 14, 2013

14 Days of DIY Love: Handmade Hearts



Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!  I’ve sure had fun sharing my 14 Days of DIY Love with you and want to thank all of you who shared your own ideas with me this month.  February can get so long sometimes, and it's fun to create something fun to look forward to.  And just like that, we're halfway through the month!

I had a little fun with this last project of mine before I left to catch my plane to New Orleans this morning.  Yes, I'm leaving my boys on Valentine's Day, and wanted to make sure they were well aware that my heart is with them even if I won't be for a few days!  After Beau left for work this morning, I snuck around the house and distributed 20 handmade hearts with messages of 20 reasons I love my boys.  10 for Cruz and 10 for Beau, all dispersed around the house for them to discover throughout the time I'm gone.  They'll find hearts taped to the bathroom mirror, hid under Beau's guitar case, or stuck ever so casually in Cruz's Cars DVD.  Tiny little reminders of why I love them so much, as well as a fun little scavenger hunt for Beau to play with Cruz when the nights may get a little longer without Mom around.  Either way, I can't wait to hear their reaction as they discover all of the pieces of my heart I left at home.

  
Happy Valentine's Day, sweeties, and stay tuned for a piece later today just for you.

Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...