Stopping in on this Superbowl Sunday to share a fun little treat to beat the winter blues and taste a little summertime in the comfort of your own kitchen. We had some fun during our snow day the other day and made some pretty amazing tasting ice cream sundaes. They're incredibly easy to assemble, and so fun for the littles to top with their favorite treats. The options are endless, but here is what I used:
- a big piece of butcher paper --- my favorite kind of tablecloth is the kind that can be thrown away as soon as you're down smearing chocolate all over it.
- glass sundae dishes --- I scored mine for 1.50 a piece at Wal-Mart.
- chocolate syrup, hot fudge, strawberry syrup...
- Valentine sprinkles
- cookie crumbles - I bought a pack of Chips Ahoy minis and stuck 'em in the chopper for a few seconds.
- bananas and strawberries --- for some nutritional value, of course.
- gummi bears --- my boys' favorites
- and of course, cherries...preferably with stems :)