Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Our Weekend (And More Snow)


  
I'm starting to wonder if it will ever end!  Iowa winter has decided to extend it's stay right on into the last week of February, bringing us another snow day last Friday, and this weird, unexpected blizzard today.  After sliding through one too many four-way stops this morning and seeing a few scary accidents in between my school visits, I kept checking the news to see if there were any updates on the weather.  Supposedly, a storm system changed slightly and decided it didn't want to leave us out of the heavy snowfall.  Thus, it's snowing buckets outside, my little black flats did not make the best snow boots for digging my car out of the parking lot, and I was more than ready to pick my boy up from daycare, change my socks, and snuggle the heck out of him inside our cozy little house.

Stopping in quick to recap a little of our three-day weekend with few words and lots of pictures.  Friday's snow was storybook, and begged for Cruz and I to go dance in it for a little while.  He stayed out longer than I expected, and discovered pretty quickly that the world's biggest sno-cone awaited him outside.  Soon, his gloves were wet and his hands were cold, so we took our party inside with some afternoon cartoons and chocolate milk while the snowflakes painted our windows and danced our sills.












Time to go in!



What else did we do with our three-day weekend???


...we baked a cake.


...watched Argo.

...drank Jeremiah Weed and laughed with friends.

...had waffles in our pajamas at The Waffle Stop.

...made spaghetti and homemade sauce.


...built block towers and flash card kingdoms.





...played hide-and-seek.  He's good.


...felt the sunshine through our picture window.


...snuggled and watched (Race) Cars.  More than once.


...cheered on Beau at the annual Toads' Chili Cook-On.  

...perused the shelves of Barnes and Noble.  

...had popcorn for supper.

...watched the Oscars.  Saw Argo just in time and cheered on Jennifer Lawrence on her big win.  Hollywood needs more of her. 

March is just around the corner and I'm dreaming of spring jackets, neighborhood walks, and park swings.  It's a' coming, I can feel it! 

 

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Reminds me of how every little thing is like an adventure to kids, and reminds me to see the joy and happiness in the little things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...