Friday, February 7, 2014

6/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"

 

Cruz: Making shadow puppets on the wall in the afternoon sun while Mila slept beside us.  Oh how I've loved these days at home with these two, listening to his stories and watching him get to know his sister.  He's talking our ears off lately and his mouth goes faster than his thoughts.  He's developed a little stutter because of it and while it's adorable to listen to, it's been a good test of patience for his parents!  

Mila: One of my favorite parts of this maternity leave has been hibernating in our little bedroom.  Every morning, I make the bed, plug in the space heater, and create this warm little haven for us to hang out in.  Mila put herself to sleep and took a three hour nap in her Moses basket yesterday.  Cruz and I can't leave her alone, though, and are often found congregating around her, talking about pirates or superheroes, touching her cute nose and laughing at her piglet noises.  Her face in this picture makes me laugh. :)      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...