Tuesday, April 22, 2014

An Easter Treat

I'm sharing a fun Easter treat Cruz and I made last weekend for our annual Easter egg dyeing party.  This was easy and creative, and involved Cruz's favorite snack - peanut butter and crackers.  Since Cruz and I are the only sweet tooths in our family, all too often it seems I make sweets that either go to waste or I end up eating them all myself.  These treats were loved by all and were gone in a flash! 

Score!!!













Easter Egg Cracker Snacks...

-Oval or egg-shaped crackers (I bought a package of Town House Original Butter Flavored)
-1 package of white almond bark
-Peanut butter
-6" Candy sticks, found at your local craft store
-Assorted sprinkles

1.  First, spread peanut butter on a cracker.  Stick a candy stick on the peanut butter in the center of the cracker and create a sandwich with another cracker.  Make as many cracker sandwiches as you desire and pop them in the freezer for at least an hour so the stick stays put when you dip in melted chocolate.

2.  When you are ready to dip, melt almond bark in microwave-safe bowl according to package directions.  Once melted, dip cracker sticks into almond bark and decorate with desired sprinkles.  We stuck to decorating one side and dried them on a piece of parchment paper when finished.  

Tip - only take five or so out of the freezer at a time.  At first, I took my entire cookie sheet out and after the first ten minutes, I started to notice the peanut butter melting into the almond bark.  

When finished, store in the fridge in an airtight container.  These would make adorable gifts wrapped in cellophane and tied with a spring ribbon!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...