Wednesday, May 21, 2014

20/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2014"



Cruz:  Out of all the pictures I have of Cruz this week, this is a sweet moment I want to remember.  Friday morning I was struggling, attempting to find balance and failing to get much of anything done.  Then, just like that, Mila went to sleep in her crib and Cruz eased into a morning of pretend.  I sat at the table, writing out graduation cards and paying bills, serenaded by this little boy at play.  I love this picture because it shows pieces of our song right now - dinosaurs and race cars, leftover sketches on our chalk wall, bed head and superhero shirts.  He kept repeating the phrase, "Start. Your. Engines" over and over again.  I love watching him completely lose track of the world around him and I revel in these messes, for it means a happy boy and a gracious mommy.

Mila:  We've got Mila's nights on a pretty consistent routine, however, in the last week or so she went from sleeping for hours in her swing to hardly napping during the day at all.  She's still happier than ever, just doesn't seem to want to miss a beat at home.  That is, until this morning.  I've working all morning on sorting through her winter clothes and transitioning her closet to spring.  She was laying in her crib watching me and started to get a little fussy.  I handed her a soft baby doll and she instantly grabbed it with both hands and held it close to her face.  A few minutes later, I looked down and realized she was fast asleep in her crib!  I just checked on her and she's still hugging that little dolly, sleeping with the windows open and the birds singing her a lullaby...     

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...