Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Your dad...


What would we do without this guy?  I don't know how many times I have had this thought since you've been born.  And watching the two of you get to know each other over the past few weeks, it's easy to see that you are beginning to feel the same way I do. 

I think your blue eyes already light up a bit when you hear his voice as he comes through the door after a day at work.  You love when he marches around the house with you, singing silly songs to you about farting on your grandpa's head or your smelly umbilical cord.  Right now, you just stare really intently at his face, but I can already hear the giggles that will someday fill the air of our little abode.

I always knew Beau would be a great father, but I never imagined he would become an even better husband after becoming a father.  He's always been such a support to me, especially when I get a little "worked up," as he likes to call it, over the daily stresses and worries that I sometimes let get in the way of contentment.  Beau keeps me grounded.  He loves hard and gives me daily reminders that life doesn't always have to be taken so seriously.  This piece of advice has definitely been taken to heart since becoming a mom.  Whether we're crowded around the kitchen sink during bath time, or laying on the floor attempting to make you smile, I've learned there is nothing more important in the world than that time we have together.  The dirty bathroom, load of laundry, and Target run can all wait. 

During my pregnancy, I loved watching Beau prepare for you in his own little ways.  The pride and hard work he put into the baby furniture, the late nights he spent grappling for words on his baby-inspired blog, and the trips he took to Hampton to show his Gramma J a picture or share news from our latest doctor's appointment, were all signs showing just how important you were to him.  And now, a baby boy later, Beau has seamlessly transitioned into the dad role.  He comes home for lunch and makes your grandma and I grilled cheese and tomato soup.  He misses you when he's gone, cutting out of networking meetings early in order to rock you to sleep.  He calms you when you're fussy, and embraces diaper changes more than any dad I know.  His tender heart, sense of humor, and soothing spirit are the perfect combination for making these first weeks at home so special and memorable.   

I can't imagine anyone else in the world I would want to walk this new journey with.  And now, as I spend my days with my husband's little mini-me, I have daily reminders of how incredibly blessed I am to have these boys in my life. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...