Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Baskets


Happy May, everyone!  I'm so glad it's here and am completely ignoring the fact that tomorrow's high temp. looks to be around 34 and that Minneapolis is forecasted to get snow!  I'm plugging my ears, turning off the TV, and singing "You Are My Sunshine" at the top of my lungs because it's May after all and it should never snow in May.  I will sip my sun tea and wish this winter away once and for all...

with May baskets! 


I kept with last year's simple paper cone theme, and added a spin with some little cutout flowers stuck in the cone.  It took 12 sheets of 8.5 x 11 paper, some wide popsicle sticks, a glue gun, and some scotch tape to secure the cones.  I was hoping to find some pastel candies to glue to my flowers, but ended up with good ol' silver Hershey's kisses.  I stuck a couple of flowers in each cone and filled the cone with our favorite May Day staples: puff corn, teddy grahams, and animal crackers.  


These were super easy to make and would be so cute for a birthday party!      

3 comments:

  1. Those are cute! With HJ havign tubes removed yesterday, I totally spaced off may day. Bad mom move, whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute Ash! Bet the kids at daycare loved them!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute Ash! Bet the kids at daycare loved them!!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...