Tuesday, October 25, 2016

43/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"

 

Cruz: I chased the bus down for you this morning, buddy.  You were being your usual pokey pete and we barely made it the bus stop.  And when we were met by several other kids wearing their shades for Red Ribbon Week, we realized yours were on the bench in the mudroom.  So, I did like any good and crazy parent does - I drove home to grab them, then circled the neighborhood until I saw the bus.  I'm sure you were quite surprised to see your mom walk down that narrow bus aisle, but that small little smile on your face showed me you appreciated it.  Love you honey and I hope you have the best day at school today.

Mila: And you were in the car watching The Little Mermaid, completely oblivious to this entire escapade!  I love that at the end of the movie right before the credits roll, you always say, "Are you ready, mom?" I think this has something to do with my love affair with all Disney music and that one time I put on a riveting performance of Under the Sea in the car on the way to school.  You know that's "my part" and want to make sure I do, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...