Monday, May 10, 2010

Pretties

Beau delivered flowers to my classroom on Friday. For Mother's Day. Jim, my principal, brought the box (yes, the box) to the classroom and distractingly set it on the back table. I usually don't get embarrassed; however, Friday, my cheeks were a little hot. Although I persisted that I open and assemble (yes, assemble) them after class, my students proceeded to do a slow clap until I gave in. Then, as I silently read the 'Happy 1st Mother's Day' card and opened up the multi-colored swarm of roses, my students ooed, awed, and continued to throw out baby name suggestions (it's a daily endeavor). The unexpected excitement of my 15 and 16 year olds is quite fun.

Thanks, Beau, for making my 'first' Mother's Day a pretty special one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...