Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Little Leprechaun


Thursday was St. Patrick's Day.  I'm the first to admit I have not one hint of Irish in me, nor does Beau; however, when it comes to celebrating all that is the Emerald Isle, I go all out.  All I need is an excuse to bake something sweet, dress Cruz in something cute, and dye our beer green, and I'm there.  Next year, I've decided it's time to celebrate my own roots by honoring the great Oktoberfest.  And for Beau's Danish heritage, well...

???

Thursday was St. Patrick's Day, and the only thing missing from the Jorgensen house was a kilt and a bagpipe.

We wore our kelly green...



...and drank green beer (with GREEN olives).


We baked, frosted, and sprinkled two dozen cupcakes...



...and danced a jig or two.



...I made my first ever shepherd's pie, which turned out marvelously if I do say so myself.  I guess mashed potatoes on top of tater tot casserole really does have a place in my kitchen.   Side note: Trust me...it was definitely one of those tastes-better-than-it-looks meals. 


...and even Cruz had a chance to try a little green in his life.  Avocados, aka, 'Baby Guacamole.'  He was pretty skeptical at first; however, by the last few bites, he was all over it.  





And most importantly, we had plenty of time to 'observe' the holiday with lots of quality, Spring Break downtime.  Oh how I've loved my days at home with Cruz.  My camera has had a hard time keeping up with him this week.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...