Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baby Likes Brats...

Happiness Project...Happiness Project...Happiness Project...Happiness Project...Happiness Project
Happiness Project...Happiness Project...Happiness Project...Happiness Project...Happiness Project
Happy...Happy...Happy...Happy...Happy...Happy...Happy...Happy...Happy...Happy...Happy...Happy

52.  I realized while wandering through the aisles of Hy-Vee the other day that we are well into July and I have yet to have a grilled beer brat.  Last summer, I feel like we ate them all the time.  A cheap and easy dinner plan...and oh-so-summer. 


So this week, I made my idea of the perfect summer dinner.  Grilled brats, fixed with ketchup and sauerkraut, my favorite macaroni salad, and chips.  The only preparation besides the mac salad involved marinating the brats for 5 minutes in a boiling pot of beer.  We ate on the deck on a picturesque summer night and all was happy...

...and clean up was a breeze!

Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad...
1 lb. elbow macaroni
1 green pepper, chopped
4 carrots, shredded
minced onion
1 can Eagle Brand Sweet Condensed Milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
2 cups mayo
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Cook macaroni; drain and cool.  Toss with green pepper, carrot, and minced onion.  Pour dressing over salad and refridgerate until cool.
 
53.  There is nothing like a toasted marshmallow melting between two grahms and a slice of chocolate to really feel summertime.  Beau is not a dessert guy; he'd actually be quite content if his diet included nothing but protein and a starch.  This makes a happy (and sometimes complicated marriage) being that my two favorite food groups are salads and desserts.  Only when I'm 28 weeks pregnant can I enjoy eating s'more after s'more while my husband watches me and keeps refusing my offer to make one for him.  


54.  Well, my closet is just about finished!  No, there isn't a chandelier donning from the top, or mirrored doors fighting with one another's reflection, but there is the perfect space for me and my clothes.  Last week, I spent an entire day sorting through my clothes, making a few trips to Goodwill, and finding a new home for a few old friends that hadn't made an appearance for awhile.  It had been suffocating in my old closet!


55.  Spontaneous picnics.  There's just something awfully nice about eating a meal on a blanket in a quiet, peaceful place.  Our picnic didn't last long because Baby and I found it a little uncomfortable to pop a squat on the hard ground...let's just say I look forward to laying a baby on the blanket instead of attempting to get comfortable with him laying awkwardly inside of me!
 

56.  Lazy, rainy, Sundays.  An bottomless cup of cream-and-sugar coffee and reruns of The Hills.
 

"In every life we have some trouble,
when you worry you make it double...
So don't worry,
BE HAPPY!" 

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...