Monday, July 12, 2010

You know you are 29 weeks pregnant when...

...you have to stop in the middle of a 'quick' grocery run to Hy-Vee to use the bathroom.  I've never seen the Hy-Vee bathrooms before!

...My body officially feels like a guest house.  Someone has taken over and he is out-growing this house everyday.  I finally have a glimpse of how my mom feels after raising three kids in the same house my dad built about 25 years ago!  She's out of room!

...You know how a fish flops around the dock or boat floor after aimlessly falling off your hook?  How he struggles to find his way back to the water, to freedom, to a new start?  I'm pretty sure that is how I look as I get out of bed in the morning.  Sleep is getting slightly more and more uncomfortable and every morning, I fishroll out of bed in order to land on my own two feet.  

...Every morning is like Christmas.  A new surprise.  A new ache or pain in the lower half of my body.  At least the new aches have replaced the existing ones. 

...The view of my feet is becoming more and more obstructed.  I see a few more pedicures in my future!


...I have discovered the meaning to the word, flatulent, and it now makes its way into Beau and I's daily conversation.  I won't say if this is due to my own experience, or the collection of pregnancy literaure I have at home. 

...I'm hungry all the time.  The good news is, my stomach fills up really quickly.  It, too, has shrunk to make room for the growing 'guest' I have occupying my space!

...I get winded walking up the stairs too fast. 

...I wake up several times during the night.  Thank goodness this doesn't happen on a regular basis, as I've discovered my husband snores.  I used to take pride in being a really, REALLY hard sleeper.  The neighbor's house was on fire once, fire trucks lined up in our backyard, and I slept through the entire thing.  Now, my internal clock has officially turned to 'mommy hours.' 

...I'm starting to wonder how my body will ever make room for this guy in September!?!?  He's bound to double his size before joining this great world, and frankly, I don't know where he's going to go!  If my students thought I was crabby before the school year ended (I heard through the grapevine), wait until I'm nine months pregnant in a building with NO AIR CONDITIONING!  Eek!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...