Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Waiting...

Dear Baby,

It’s you and me. Sitting in the waiting room of the place you will be born during a flash flood in the ‘Loo. I drove through massive puddles to get you here on time and let’s just say, I’m not used to driving in flooded streets. I guess there’s a ‘no drive’ warning in Waterloo as we speak. But we made it, at 9:00 on the dot, with enough time for me to down a glass of some orange kool-aid on steroids. Yes, it is my 28 week appointment, time for a glucose and diabetes test. That means, after drinking a glass of over-active kool-aid, I sit here patiently for an hour, only to get poked and de-blooded. See what I have to go through for you? You better always be sweet to your momma…

Good thing I have you to keep me company. If I thought you moved a lot before, I had another thing coming. You are currently acting as a human pinball machine. I’m having a terrible time keeping a straight face and wonder if anyone else in the waiting room can see my tummy popping up and down. You are distracting me and making me have to pee more than I already do. At least you’re making the time go fast…my little crazy pop.

Today I feel like a mommy. Being surrounded by a room full of other mommies totally ignites the experience. We smile at each other and wonder how far along others are. We touch our tummies, send our working husbands text messages, and distractingly thumb through Good Housekeepings as we await our name to be called. I’m usually not a huge fan of hospitals or doctors’ appointments, but going to see a baby doctor is an entirely different experience. It’s fun. It’s exciting. It’s one step closer to you.

Today should be an interesting day. I was up, wide awake at 4:00 am, half thinking, half dreaming of all the things I need to do before October. I finally forfeited my battle with sleep and got up around 5. You and me sat by the table with a glass of orange juice and a toasted English muffin with peanut butter, and made some meal plans. Yes, your mom is not only a loser, but now an insomniac.

Now, five hours later and a glass of sugar high sinking into my system, I’m heading for a massive crash this afternoon. I have a feeling you are too.

Praying for a good appointment and some questions answered about the constant state of achiness I’ve been in. I’ll let you know how it goes soon…

Love you sweet one,

Your Mom.

Update…

Okay, Baby J, it’s time to start growing. The doctor says you are a little behind schedule when it comes to how my tummy measured. I felt like telling them it’s no wonder you haven’t gained, you won’t stop moving in there! I think you take after your busy-body parents already! In two weeks, I get to have another ultrasound. So in the meantime, it’s time to pump up the volume, little one. I’ve never followed wrestling; however, it’s never too late to start. You’ve got a weight to make and two weeks to do it, so put away the soccer ball and let’s go to Olive Garden!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of your "problem." Have something chocolate for me and enjoy the release to eat 'til your hearts content!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...